Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Adventures in Tsai-land

'Adventures' of the day so far -
1. Getting stuck in a pampers box and screaming at the top of your lungs "Tuk! TUK!"

2. Pulling LARGE pregnancy books off the side table because you saw the brand new Kleenex box on top, and subsequently emptying the box of all Kleenexes

3. While Mama was picking up the Kleenexes, you got into the diaper bag, pulled out the wallet and proceeded to pull out all the credit cards and empty the coin purse

4. Climbing into the dryer as Mama put laundry in the washer, and figuring out how to stand on the 'blades' in such a way to make the dryer spin a little... and saying "WEEEEEEEEEEeeeee!" as you did it

5. So Mama put you on the deck to keep you busy while she was trying to get lunch together, and you pointed the hose toward the house and pulled the handle, spraying water EVERYWHERE in the kitchen then walking inside and slipping on the wet wood, and screaming in frustration that something made you fall

6. While Mama was cleaning up the water in her kitchen, the phone rang and she had to try to reschedule an appointment, of course, since she was on the phone, you wanted her attention, so you stepped back inside, slipped AGAIN on the wet wood floor that Mama hadn't been able to quite clean up yet, started screaming again and wanting to be held all while Mama is still on the phone with this lady and needing to get upstairs to the Google Calendar to double check all this scheduling stuff... so Mama had to take you upstairs screaming in one ear, while this lady was waiting patiently on the phone in the other ear and finally got things figured out as you squirmed and screamed in her lap in front of the computer.

All between 10 and 11am

When people ask what I 'DO' in a day, it kind of frustrates me, because what is there that I DON'T do? It takes so much time to keep the house from looking like a wrecking ball has gone through it (aka Chase), and trying to teach Chase how to help clean up a mess he made...

I get a bit frustrated.

It's a good thing I love my son and husband, because the good days, the fun days, the days where it seems laughter is endless, those are the days that makes days like today worth it.

***I edited this post from earlier, since the 'dishes' comment that Jeff made has only happened ONE time in the FOUR years of marriage, but it happened this weekend, so it was on my mind and I just added it into my rant. I love you hubby, sorry to include you in my rant at people that don't understand how hard it is to be a stay-at-home mom. You do, and you support me without end. I love you, forgive me?***

1 comment:

Sarah Keith said...

That pic of Chase is adorable. I can't believe your day! I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND! Asher and Chase are so cute, but they have sure hit the you-can't-keep-up-with-me stage and are in to EVERYTHING! Love you!